As a brand new blogger, who has MUCH to learn still, I am tickled hot pink to be given the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD! YaY!A great big hug and sincere THANK YOU to those who nominated me!
Carri Wright at Simply Done Wright. Carri has a heart of gold and is the sweetest gal ever! She is always very encouraging and willing to help me. She is also very creative, funny and has some of the yummiest recipes ever!
Naomi Baltuck at Writing Between the Lines is the writer and photographer that I hope to be someday when I grow up. She is amazing and always encouraging.
Who knew that blogging and WordPress would introduce me to such wonderful people! Sure wish I’d started this a long time ago ~
So one of the requirements of this award is that the recipient share seven random things about themselves. This is supposed to help you know me better. Okay ~ here goes:
1. The Sonic in Moore, Oklahoma, McAlister, Oklahoma and Hot Springs, Arkansas have THE BEST cherry cokes and slivered ice in the world. I go there as often as I can. It’s a good thing none of them are close! Last year we drove to Moore to go to church with my mom for Mother’s Day. We were late because I had to go to Sonic first ~ (confessions) ~ and yes, I went to that Sonic again before we hit the road for home!
2. I hate flying. I will do it. But it is not pleasant. Not for me or for anyone sitting next to me. 😉
3. I used to play the saxophone and was pretty darn good at it. Then I changed my college major from music to marketing. Music is always in the blood, though ~4. A guy was mean to me in college one time. I let the air out of his tires. But only two tires. Cause I’m not into revenge or anything….;)
5. I have a tattoo on my right shoulder. It was one of the greatest Christmas gifts ever from my kids. Quite a surprise for my hubby though…..he adjusted just fine 😉
6. I tend to make almost everything a competition. I have a son that is just like me in that regard and I hate it for his wife.
7. Garth Brooks and his bride, Trisha Yearwood, live right up the road from us. They are good people that shop at Hobby Lobby and Reasors (grocery story) just like us. I swore I would break into song if I ever ran into them in person. (Cowboys are my Weakness ♫ ♪ ♫) But when we visited at the grocery store….I only sang in my head. Do you think they heard?
Now for a really fun portion that goes with receiving this award ~ I get to pass it to other bloggers! And the Versatile Blogger Award goes to:
1. Stories About Life, 92% True ~ This is a great blog. It’s a dad recording stories for his wife and children. He invites us to come along. You will smile a lot ~
2. The Magnificent Something ~The deepness of the words in this blog can sometimes overwhelm the heart. The photography does the same thing. If you ever wondered about life in London, here it is.
3. 41:10 Photography ~ A new mother with a heart for her own family, strives to capture those special moments for your family. Her love for rescue animals is also portrayed in her work. Not just another photographer ~
4. Airports Made Simple ~ Tips and tricks for travel, full of life and humor. Big supporters of Puppies Behind Bars….I was hooked the first time I visited. And I hate flying! lol!
5. Daily Mustard ~ The question is asked, “God, are you still there?” It’s about miracles, it’s your story. Check it out~
6. Valerie R. Lawson ~ An Oklahoma author that shares her writing journey of ups and downs, hopes and dreams and an awesome reading list, too! Terrific articles full of great info!
7. Sundi Jo ~ Sundi is a young author, speaker, and a survivor. Her blogs will touch your heart and change your thinking. Her weight loss of 145 lbs inspires others who are looking for hope….and her humor is addictive. (“Step Away From That Diet” ~ by Sundi Jo)
8. Becoming Fabulous ~Tranae is a beautiful young woman who is all about becoming healthy, decluttering life and Becoming Fabulous through the journey!
9. Madison Blaxton’s Common Sense ~ A bit partial because this is my son? You Bet! Words, thoughts and wisdom from a soulful young man.
10. Speak Now ~ This young lady is there to empower other young women. She provides the support and the resources so that others will know they are not worthless and they are not alone. Amazing ~
11. Through the Lens ~ She captures the world through her words and her photo lens ~
CONGRATULATIONS to ALL and thanks so much for inspiring me! And remember, Be Nice to each other ♥
(Nominees, you may go to the Versatile Blogger Site for more details on your award)
Congratulations Paula! That is awesome! And thank you for sharing the love 🙂
I didn’t know Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood live down the road! That’s bad-ace!
I hope to someday meet you and we can compare tats, lol!
Yep…they live straight down our little old country road and overlook Verdigris Valley. Pretty neat! Thanks AND Congrats ♥
Well it’s about time… CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That’s just fantastic!!! YOU ROCK!!!!
I am so excited for you… I’ll have to check out all the blogs you nominated..Again… well deserved!!
I am a bit slow, aren’t I! I had to figure out the hyperlink, etc….and may never have a button on my page….but oh well! Thanks for the thumb’s up, Carri! 😉 You rock! paula
Congratulations on the award! Well deserved I say. So glad that I’ve gotten to know you (and that super-competitive son of yours). Thanks for sharing of yourself, your beautful photography and your road trips!
Thanks so much for following, Christi! Yes…I created a competitive monster! lol! I feel like I’ve known you for a long time….and we’ve still never met in person! But we will! Appreciate you♥ paula
I love #4… getting even, but with a conscience 🙂
haha! maybe now you know me a bit too well! 😉
I’m so honored to know you hate flying and still read my blog! 🙂 Actually, I have a fear of flying, too (believe it or not!). So that’s kinda how this whole thing started. Anyway – thank you!! You are too kind. Keep up the good work! 🙂
You would think I would grow out of that fear…but no….It’s kinda like going to the dentist….;) I always wanna meet the pilots and “approve”! ha
Paula…just to think I ’email ‘ knew you through Bookins before you got famous on your blog. You very well deserve the honor. How far do you live from McAlister? my sister was born there in 1925 and I always wondered what it looks like. She passed away a few years ago in CA and never got to see the place of her birth. Also it can’t be too terrible living down the road from Garth and Trishia. She has published cook books…maybe you could be a “taster” for her, and a listener for both of them. I’m proud of you for your Blogging honor. xxoo
We are are about an hour and a half from Big Mac. Next time I go there, I will take pics for you. Of course it is centered around the federal prison. I want to go for one of the execution vigils….morbid as it may sound…..We have dear friends that lived there for a bit which is why we visited. Our last visit was their son getting married there. I have one of Trisha’s cookbooks and love it! It is awesome to live in a town that protects and supports this couple. I would LOVE to work for them…for free! 😉 Maybe one day? Thanks for the well wishes….much love ~ Who knew how that book-in’s trade would turn out?!?! lol! ♥
I love #4 too..so funny! leave the rest to Karma…amazing what a great job she can do 🙂 Congrats on your blog award and keep up the fun writing!
thanks a bunch…little secrets, thirty yrs later! lol!♥
Congratulations Paula!! Very deserving 😀
thanks Dottie…I really appreciate your following…love ya ♥
Congratulations and Thank you for thinking of me. I am both honored and appreciative!
Really love your blog ~ thanks for sharing your life stuff ~ paula
Congratulations Paula, you inspire me to blog more; but my lazies usually talk me out of it! Also, thank you so much for honoring me with an award of my own. I’m so new at this that I don’t know if I know any other bloggers other than you to pass it along to. You are so sweet and can really spark the imagination with your down home stories and memories.
Darla: Through the Lens
Thanks so much AND you are most welcome! This is nothing you have to act on immediately…when you have time…go for it! (you can find many great blogs via wordpress…amazing ones, established and brand new!) ♥ paula