Carri Wright at Simply Done Wright. Carri has a heart of gold and is the sweetest gal ever! She is always very encouraging and willing to help me. She is also very creative, funny and has some of the yummiest recipes ever!
Naomi Baltuck at Writing Between the Lines is the writer and photographer that I hope to be someday when I grow up. She is amazing and always encouraging.
Who knew that blogging and WordPress would introduce me to such wonderful people! Sure wish I’d started this a long time ago ~
So one of the requirements of this award is that the recipient share seven random things about themselves. This is supposed to help you know me better. Okay ~ here goes:
1. The Sonic in Moore, Oklahoma, McAlister, Oklahoma and Hot Springs, Arkansas have THE BEST cherry cokes and slivered ice in the world. I go there as often as I can. It’s a good thing none of them are close! Last year we drove to Moore to go to church with my mom for Mother’s Day. We were late because I had to go to Sonic first ~ (confessions) ~ and yes, I went to that Sonic again before we hit the road for home!
3. I used to play the saxophone and was pretty darn good at it. Then I changed my college major from music to marketing. Music is always in the blood, though ~4. A guy was mean to me in college one time. I let the air out of his tires. But only two tires. Cause I’m not into revenge or anything….;)
6. I tend to make almost everything a competition. I have a son that is just like me in that regard and I hate it for his wife.
7. Garth Brooks and his bride, Trisha Yearwood, live right up the road from us. They are good people that shop at Hobby Lobby and Reasors (grocery story) just like us. I swore I would break into song if I ever ran into them in person. (Cowboys are my Weakness ♫ ♪ ♫) But when we visited at the grocery store….I only sang in my head. Do you think they heard?
Now for a really fun portion that goes with receiving this award ~ I get to pass it to other bloggers! And the Versatile Blogger Award goes to:
1. Stories About Life, 92% True ~ This is a great blog. It’s a dad recording stories for his wife and children. He invites us to come along. You will smile a lot ~
2. The Magnificent Something ~The deepness of the words in this blog can sometimes overwhelm the heart. The photography does the same thing. If you ever wondered about life in London, here it is.
3. 41:10 Photography ~ A new mother with a heart for her own family, strives to capture those special moments for your family. Her love for rescue animals is also portrayed in her work. Not just another photographer ~
4. Airports Made Simple ~ Tips and tricks for travel, full of life and humor. Big supporters of Puppies Behind Bars….I was hooked the first time I visited. And I hate flying! lol!
5. Daily Mustard ~ The question is asked, “God, are you still there?” It’s about miracles, it’s your story. Check it out~
6. Valerie R. Lawson ~ An Oklahoma author that shares her writing journey of ups and downs, hopes and dreams and an awesome reading list, too! Terrific articles full of great info!
7. Sundi Jo ~ Sundi is a young author, speaker, and a survivor. Her blogs will touch your heart and change your thinking. Her weight loss of 145 lbs inspires others who are looking for hope….and her humor is addictive. (“Step Away From That Diet” ~ by Sundi Jo)
8. Becoming Fabulous ~Tranae is a beautiful young woman who is all about becoming healthy, decluttering life and Becoming Fabulous through the journey!
9. Madison Blaxton’s Common Sense ~ A bit partial because this is my son? You Bet! Words, thoughts and wisdom from a soulful young man.
10. Speak Now ~ This young lady is there to empower other young women. She provides the support and the resources so that others will know they are not worthless and they are not alone. Amazing ~
11. Through the Lens ~ She captures the world through her words and her photo lens ~
CONGRATULATIONS to ALL and thanks so much for inspiring me! And remember, Be Nice to each other ♥
(Nominees, you may go to the Versatile Blogger Site for more details on your award)